Monday, June 27, 2011

Polly Says Hey Pesto!



I first met Yvonne Carty quite a few years ago at my very first networking event, run by the Offaly and Laois Enterprise Boards it was held at Durrow Castle which lies deep to the south of Laoise near the borders of counties Tipperary, Carlow and Kilkenny.



Yvonne Carty, the creative genius behind Hey Pesto! lives close to me and yet I'd to travel some distance to meet her. I recognized her as someone I 'knew' by sight immediately and on gentle probing discovered that she is in fact from nearby Tullamore but lives a little closer to hand - in the same village as me!!! That in itself tells a tale about the kind of life I was living prior to our initial formal introduction, it was frenetic to say the least. Thank goodness fate had intervened and rendered me unfit to continue, demanding a break from all that I knew while introducing me to so much more...

As well as being incredibly busy with her catering business Yvonne is actively involved with the Geashill Tidy Towns committee in organising the brand new Muc Fair in Geashill, Co Offaly on 31st July 2011. (Contact the tidytowns committee for information regarding stands, etc) Without a doubt she's a lady with community conscience and can be seen here promoting Tipperary Tastee's, although she did sneak in a taste of Offaly by using locally produced cream in her main course (wink!)


For more information on Hey Pesto! why not check out their Facebook Page?

No comments: